Rome Za (Roman Zarudyanskiy)
Man, Son, Grandson, Father, Friend.
Teacher, Practitioner, Student, Mentor, Warrior, Shaman, Synthesizer, Generalist, Artist, Wanderer, Adventurer, Visionary Entrepreneur and Author.
East Meets West
Masculine Meets Feminine
Past Meets Present
Kind Meets Savage
Arts Meets Science and Technology
My core values are very simple and straightforward…
Freedom and Wellness.
Most of my life many people told me..
“You have to choose your path and stay on it, you have to choose either that or that…”
I don’t subscribe to that point of view.
I had to choose to be that or that…
Well I decided that…
“I am that, and that, and that…”
- This bio is a constantly evolving process and honestly I don’t believe it holds much merit, as I am just a midget standing on the shoulders of the teachers that came before me.
The Guides that made a difference in my life
- My father Vlad who taught me self discipline and what it is to be a man
- My mother Marina who taught me kindness, care and empathy.
- My grandmother Nina who taught me unconditional love and how to stand up for my family.
- My grandmother Tatyana who taught me that sometimes you gotta be a savage and make a ruckus.
- Dr Ian stern for putting me back together 10 years ago when I had my spinal problems and teaching me so much about life along the way..
- Lola my ex wife fwho taught me that I am good enough.
- My children Alan and Leo who taught me how to love unconditionally and be present.
- Ido Portal for teaching me that my spine is made to be moved, how to look at my practice, how to ask better questions, how to zoom out and zoom in.
- Josh Griffiths who started my journey with BJJ for teaching me how to look at things in a detail oriented way, how to watch tape, how to slow things down, and how to drill…
- Marcelo Garcia who taught me you could be a savage and also be very kind.
- Juani Mn Who taught me the importance of rituals and honoring the ones who came before us.
- Nella B who was the first to show me what feminine grace looks like.
So many other people contributed to my life…
Too many to mention honestly but these are the ones that left some IMMENSE footprints in my soul so far.
I feel like my life chose me and I am just going with the flow and doing the things that I love and the deep dark work along the way…
My story begins with being born to a Orthodox Christian Mother (Bike Rider and Shooter) and Jewish Father (wrestler, athlete) in a Extreme Muslim Country under Soviet Communist Rule.
- Refugee from Chechnya Grozny to NYC 1991.
- Lived in Brooklyn NYC for 20+ years. (Loved to fight, chase girls, and make money out on the streets of Brooklyn, You might say I had an adventurous and rebellious spirit.)
- Costa Rica 5 years.
- San Diego 1 year
- Las Vegas 1 year.
Pre med student (4 years)
Nursing BSN drop out.
Book(s) I Wrote:
- 12 Ancient Holistic Secrets To Pain Free Living (2013)
- Blueprint To Reset: A Guide To Living An Empowered Life (2014)
- Awaken the Warrior Within (wrote the outline during a plant medicine dieta in the amazon jungle.) (2016)
Barehearted My Journey With Vulnerability and Self Love (Book of poetry while healing from divorce) (2019) (https://www.amazon.com/Barehearted-My-Journey-Vulnerability-Self-Love/dp/1734366400/ref=sr_1_1?dchild=1&keywords=barehearted&qid=1602631368&sr=8-1)
Things I have studied and practiced…
- Brazilian jiu jitsu 13 years of practice and 12 years of teaching.
- Personal Practice
- Brown belt 2 stripes.
- Over 60 Competition wins.
- Many times on the podium.
- Teaching adults
- Teaching blind students
- Teaching autistic kids
- Kids groups
- Tiny Ninjas (Ages 2-5
- Kids 6-11
- Teens 12-16
- Personal Practice
- 10+ years of Yoga practice
- Combat martial arts (wrestling, muay thai, and boxing)
- Different branches of psychology
- Wim Hof Method. (Online and Live training with Wim)
- Strength training (Many methodologies)
- Daoist Sexual Kung Fu
- Personal Development
- Kettlebell training
- Movement with Ido Portal (Online, Live, and Internship)
- Breathwork. (Many Forms)
- Meditation (Many forms)
- Bodywork and manual therapy. (Many forms)
- Outdoor survival and camping skills
- Emotional intelligence Institute graduate
- Emotional intelligence Institute coach
- Landmark Graduate
- Holistic Health coach
- Member of the American Association of Drugless practitioners
- NLP and hypnosis practitioner with Richard Bandler
- Shamanic arts and medicines (lived in Peru for 1 month on the amazon drinking medicine, among many other ceremonies)
- Holistic health coach with the Institute of Integrative nutrition
- Detoxing (heavy metals, parasites, toxins) 5+ years.
- Jungian Shadow work
- Marketing (online and offline)
- Speed reading
- Culinary creations (preparing exquisite meals)
- Still on the adventure learning, practicing and teaching everyday.
Things I am currently deep diving into…
- Ayurveda and TCM
- Ancient Eastern Mystical Practices
- Inner Martial Arts
I am enjoying visionary work in the entrepreneurial field solving problems sustainably related to wellbeing in the online and physical location spaces.
What I enjoy right now in business:
- Synthesizing new concepts and ideas
- Public speaking
- Research and development
- Idea and strategy creation processes
- Breakthrough coaching
- Mapping the business plan
- Started selling Spice girl lollipops in 4th grade
- Started selling Weed at 11 years old
- Moved onto selling hard drugs until 16/17 years old
- Opened Martial arts school after dropping out of college (grew to 120 students) On My Grind Academy
- Started Online supplement company (Everpure)
- Built Dog supplement company that ran with 4 partners investing 1 hour a week MAX into the brand, after 3 years of running it and being paid on autopilot, sold for multiple 7 figures (sold 2019) (https://infinitepetlife.com/)
Cofounded Hero Academy Non profit Martial arts and personal development academy in Costa Rica (https://www.herobjj.com/)
- Cofounder of Dr Ian Stern Health Brand (https://www.drianstern.com/)
- Host of The Our Deepest Fear Podcast (https://shows.acast.com/our-deepest-fear-podcast/episodes)
Founder of the Ancient Performance Institute (https://www.facebook.com/groups/450319935886522)
- Public speaking (Events, schools, retreats, academies, online, etc)
- Amazon business
- Shopify business
- Physical products
- Information products
- Book covers
- Product Labels
- Product boxes
- Sales copy
- Email flows
- Email campaigns
- Text messaging
- Social media Strategy
- Running meetings
- Customer service
- Project manager
- Customer service
- Revenue optimization
- Reading books and implementing
- 1 on 1 coaching
- 1 on many coaching
- Launching a podcast
- Lead generation
- Guerilla marketing
- Affiliate Marketing
- Influencer Marketing
- Testimonial creation
- Content creation
- Selling a company
- Follow up
- Communicating with backend team